Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AMSIT
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN webfilter problem - Chrome

I'm having an odd issue with the forticlient web filtering. For some reason it suddenly has broken all https on Chrome. Seems to be ok on Edge and Firefox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times but it doesnt seem to help.  With the vpn client uninstalled Chrome works fine so it appears to be to do with the web filter extension?

Current version in use is 7.0.9.0493 Extension shows as version 7.2.3.929 (web filter)

Error is just:

This site can’t be reached

login.microsoftonline.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

13 REPLIES 13
LarsF
New Contributor

Oke yeah im also still waiting on Fortinet support to update our ticket if i get feedback i will let it know. Thank you for the reply and new workaround.

LarsF
New Contributor

We have added as workaround the following: 

*.facebook.com
*.fbcdn.net
*.instagram.com
*.whatsapp.com
*.cdninstagram.com

This makes sure also the logins work.

Hoping to get a update from support soon as i want to remove the workaround.

Bam1
New Contributor II

Hii everyone
To fix FortiClient VPN web filter issues in Chrome we need to test our VPN connection, clear the browser cache, disable web filtering, update FortiClient, adjust settings or
You should contact our support if necessary.

Thanks
BAMO
ThanksBAMO
llewesc1
New Contributor II

Here is the latest from support:

..."

Looks like this ZSTD is implemented in FortiOS for other uses, but not for inspection. This means that the inspection profiles applied to a policy that is supposed to allow the zstd-encypted sites will fail and the browser will display an error instead of the website's content encrypted with ZSTD.

New Feature Request is already in place and we still do not have a specific date for it, so we will have to accept the work around that is documented at the article reference given below.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-and-ZSTD-implementation-for-exam...

"...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors