Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ssherar
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN "Legacy System Extension" warning on MacOS

Apple have announced that they are changing the way that applications interact the OS which are currently using kernel extensions to work (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210999) in Big Sur, and Catalina will be the last OS which will support them.

My Mac user base are currently getting the "Legacy System Extension" warnings periodically and now with apple announcing "Big Sur" earlier this week, this is now becoming a higher priority to understand where Fortinet are with development. However even with some google-fu, I am unable to find any progress or even their stance on the matter. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places - hence this post.

What are the plans for supporting future MacOS versions and will there be a release sans the kernel extensions coming out before Big Sur's official release date?

4 REPLIES 4
sw2090
Honored Contributor

They also announced to switch to ARM, so Fortinet will have to create a new Binary anyhow.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ispcolohost

And here we are post-release, users offline, and nothing from Fortinet...

LJSilva
New Contributor II

If you're only using Forticlient to connect to your VPN, in macOS Big Sur you no longer need it. The built-in Cisco IPsec VPN of Big Sur will now connect and correctly establish a tunnel to your Fortinet VPN and it's very stable and reliable. I never managed to to this in Catalina, but it seems Apple may have corrected or changed the Cisco IPSec code in Big Sur and it's now working like a charm. I tried it yesterday and it worked flawlessly.

ispcolohost

Is it possible to use with fortitoken?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors