Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
skyllas
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN on Android 8 not working

Hello

I am having a Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 8 and FortiClient VPN app is not working properly. Immediately after connecting I get disconnected again. On other phones it is working fine. Do any others have problems with Android 8, or have a solution for my problem?

thx for help! 

3 Solutions
asikurt66
New Contributor

my phone samsung galaxy s9 plus got the same problem bendede fix it as soon as the following problem

View solution in original post

pablitobin
New Contributor

Guys, 

There is a new forticlient version. I have it. It will be release in summer.

FortiClient-v500-build0177-release.apk

I cant upload here. If someone need it, just ask me and i can send it by email.  13Mb.

eyeSome

With FortiClient-v500-build0177-release.apk connected to FortiOS 5.6.3 is working with PKI-Auth and Password-Auth on Android 8.0 on my Galaxy S9+

42 REPLIES 42
nshawky
New Contributor

Any update regarding this issue?

i have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 8.0.0

I tried the samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 8.0.0 and it works fine.

lacoh
New Contributor

I have same problem. Not working on Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+. On S8 with Android 8.0 works. I'am using SSL.

Please repair it, it's very important for us!

It's here over month, still nothing from Fortinet?

eyeSome
New Contributor III

I'm a bit confused that it's working on S8 with Oreo but not on S9 with Oreo?! Where is the difference?

pascalmic

I have the same issue on a s9 whereas it works fine on a s8. This is ridiculous!
Kenundrum

Yesterday, I received an update for my S8. Android is still version 8.0.0, but the Samsung build number ends in CRD4. Now forticlient is broken.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
pascalmic

Kenundrum wrote:

Yesterday, I received an update for my S8. Android is still version 8.0.0, but the Samsung build number ends in CRD4. Now forticlient is broken.

This is terrible news :( 

I was actually hoping that CRD4 would fix the issue on the S9, not break the S8 also.

Has anyone tried to contact Samsung also ?

I fear that both companies will play ping-pong with us on that one.

That's if they actually planned on answering us at all... 

A not happy customer!

morleyc
New Contributor

Same with me, S9+ with known working credentials (workstation does not disconnect), logged in OK disconnects are a few seconds.

Any ideas? I have the firewall product under support, can i open a support case for this?

johannes2912

Has anyone found a solution yet? Does ist work when you IPsec instead of SSL-VPN?

Fortinet please Fix this. Our Management has always the latest Phones and now i have to tell them that the new Firewalls are not working for them on their new phones. They will not be happy.

morleyc

Upgraded to fortios 6, and upgraded Samsung s9+ to latest released update... still the same issue as before. Left a review along with many others on the app store. So fortinet not care or not read these forums? If I raise a tac case what is the chance it will be fobbed off as my phone (which yes it could he an android issue I appreciate) I just need a definitive answer. Vpn works fine on windows without any issue
pablitobin
New Contributor

Guys, 

There is a new forticlient version. I have it. It will be release in summer.

FortiClient-v500-build0177-release.apk

I cant upload here. If someone need it, just ask me and i can send it by email.  13Mb.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors