Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GrandMizer
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN issues on macOS

Hello all,

I used FortiClient VPN for a while and one day, it suddenly started to pop up the following window:

GrandMizer_0-1690788374706.png

I checked the security & privacy settings as mentined, but couldn't find any request for approval from any app. Full disk access is allowed for "FortiClient" and "fctservctl2" so there should be no issue but still, it insists. I decided to uninstall the client and reinstall it and now there is a new problem. Second before the installation process ends, I'm getting this message:

forti.jpg

I clicked "Allow" and the installation finished.

Now, when I open the client and add a new profile, after clicking "Connect", it's getting stuck in the status: "Connecting". The disconnect button doesn't respond, I need to force close the client completely to get out of it.

Any idea what it might be? It worked perfectly for a long time and now it stopped.

There were no changes in my system that might affect Forticlient.

Some relevant info:

Forticlient VPN version installed: 7.0.9.0360

Macbook Pro M1 with Ventura 13.4.1

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

1 Solution
knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello Michael,

Please try uninstalling the VPN, then reboot, Then re-installing it.

Regards
Nagaraju.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello Michael,

Please try uninstalling the VPN, then reboot, Then re-installing it.

Regards
Nagaraju.

GrandMizer

Amazing!! So simple and so valuable! It did the job.

I restarted my Mac several times after reinstallation and after some system settings adjustments but didn't restart between installations.

Thank you!!!

saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi,

Not sure if this helps you, but still you can check some of the options/settings mentioned in the below forum.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/FortiClient-macOS-Ventura-can-t-connect/td-p/229502/...

If none of this works, please log a call with Fortinet Support.

Best Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors