Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chethan
Contributor

Forticlient VPN internal server access issue on Mac

Hello Everyone,

We recently are facing issues with Forticlient VPN agent on Mac OS only which did not exist a week before.

We are able to connect to SSL-VPN Gateway using Forticlient VPN agent but the problem is that we are not able to reach the internal servers through tunnel mode on Mac devices only. It works fine on other Operating Systems (Windows and android) and from web-access portal as well (can ping from quick connection widget on SSL-VPN web page).

We have checked the following:

[ul]
  • The users are created on firewall and have been added to user group which is used by firewall policies and SSL-VPN portals.
  • There are no Operating System based restricting enabled on SSL-VPN settings on FortiGate (allowed access from any host and Restrict to specific OS version is disabled).
  • Firewall polices are configured properly. (split tunneling is enabled and proper routing is done.[/ul]

The users on Windows machines are able to connect and access the internal resources without any problem.

And The same user with same credentials can connect to SSL-VPN (via Tunnel Mode using Forticlient) on MacOS but can't reach the server.

I need to know the reasons causing the issues.

-FortiClient vpn 7.0 is installed on MacOS

-Thank You

• Chethan
    NSE 4
    ChethanNSE 4
    6 REPLIES 6
    lobstercreed
    Valued Contributor

Did you make sure to set your DNS suffix under config vpn ssl settings?   That's what this sounds like to me.  For some reason MacOS/iOS is far pickier about this than others.

# config vpn ssl settings     set dns-suffix example.com example.org end

chethan

Should dns-suffix still be set if there is no requirement resolve domain names? because IP addresses used for internal servers instead of domain names.

Chethan
    NSE 4
    ChethanNSE 4
    lobstercreed

Hmm, well I'm not sure then.  Maybe a bug in the Mac version of FortiClient.  I'd put in a support ticket. We use almost exclusively Windows boxes so I'm not well-versed in troubleshooting on Macs, but you might check for the equivalent of Windows "route print" command to see if the kernel knows where to go for those IPs.

chethan

lobstercreed wrote:

Hmm, well I'm not sure then.  Maybe a bug in the Mac version of FortiClient.  I'd put in a support ticket. We use almost exclusively Windows boxes so I'm not well-versed in troubleshooting on Macs, but you might check for the equivalent of Windows "route print" command to see if the kernel knows where to go for those IPs.

Thanks! we have raised a ticked. Hopefully will find a solution.

Chethan
    NSE 4
    ChethanNSE 4
    mkadelaide

Hi there
    Just wondering if you found a solution for the DNS issue? 

Timur1
    New Contributor

anyone has an update about this issue? i am facing the same thing

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors