Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jack22
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN installation failed on windows 10

Hi, I'm trying to install Forticlient VPN 7.2.4 on Windows 10 Enterprise build 19045, but the wizard fails and shows the following error dialog:

Annotazione 2024-05-27 101813.png

The last displayed message in the status bar was "Status: rolling back action".

On the same laptop, I've been using an older version (namely 7.0.1.0083), which I uninstalled before launching the new setup. Now even if I try to reinstall the old version, I get the same rollback error as with the new one.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @Jack22 ,

Please try to use FCremove as explained in the article below, then try again to install the new version:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-download-FortiClient-and-FCRemove-e...

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Jack22

Hi, thank you for replying. I have no EMS License though and the web page reads:

Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract

adimailig
Staff
Staff

Hi @Jack22 

There are instances that your computer AntiVirus blocking or denying the installation.

Best Regards,

Arnold Dimailig
TAC Engineer
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors