Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aspnovac
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN ARM processer

Hi,
We bought an Microsoft Surface Pro 9 which has an ARM processer.
The point of buying this was to hook it up with the Fortinet VPN, so we could go anywhere and still be connected.
Problem is i can't install it on the Surface Pro 9, due to having an ARM processer.
I was wondering if there was any early access or beta for Forticlient VPN for ARM processers that we could try?

Or is there any other solution?

I tried the Microsoft store app, but that doesn't seem to work with SAML.
The VPN connection is SAML with Azure.

19 REPLIES 19
slovepreet
Staff
Staff

Hi Everyone, 

For anyone who wants to use the Forticlient on an ARM-based Windows device, there is a workaround for that. 

You can install the Forticlient from the Microsoft store and use it. For more detailed explanation please use this kb https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-for-ARM-Architecture/ta-p/24...

I hope this helps. 

Lovepreet
mhaneke

Hi @slovepreet ,

thanks for the hint, but I read the article already. And since Fortinet understands itself as hunting for being in the upper right Gartner quadrant, I expect Fortinet not to advertise software on a shareware level. In the article You mentioned there are two restrictions which makes it useless in business environments:

"At this moment, ‘FortiClient for Windows’ Desktop application is not available for ARM architecture.

However, it is possible to install the FortiClient that can be used on Windows VPN SSL settings. 

Note:

There is no support offered for this application.

.." 

best regards

Martin

best regards
Martin
best regardsMartin
kajlasunil
Staff
Staff

@aspnovac FortiClient compatibility on ARM architecture on Windows devices is expected to be merged in FortiClient version 7.4.2. But there is no expected release date for this version yet.

ks
mhaneke

Hi @kajlasunil 

thank You for that statement! That´s helpful.

best regards

best regards
Martin
best regardsMartin
simeanet
New Contributor

Good morning,
I also have a problem with the installation. When will the ARM version come out? Thank you

MichaelS11
New Contributor II

We need a date when the Fortinet Windows ARM64 client will be released, even if its a Beta version.  This is crucial if we are to remain on Fortinet.  As it is, my vote is to go back to Palo Alto and Global Protect.  

MikeD13
New Contributor

We are starting to test out the new Surface devices and definitely will need this issue resolved ASAP. Access to beta or an ETA would be appreciated.

BTW - Absolutely love the staff response about buying different devices. Yeah, we'll get right on that.

E12TS192
New Contributor

We need the arm client as well. Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint etc.... have it already. Maybe it was the wrong decision to go with Fortinet

rogermeier
New Contributor

can someone from fortinet please say when an ARM version will be available. Next week? next month? Next year?

peterzosiak
Visitor

Yeah, some official roadmap would be very useful because currently it is big blocker, literally showstopper for using FortiNet VPN at all. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors