Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CoolKiwiBloke
New Contributor II

Forticlient VPN: A JavaScript Error Occurred in the Main Process

I have been successfully using the Forticlient VPN for some time now. Today I upgraded to the latest version and since then I have been receiving the following error. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, added the latest MS C++ redistributables and am still getting this error. Any suggestions?

Forticlient.PNG

24 REPLIES 24
VelirIT
New Contributor II

I have just followed these instructions. The only version of Visual C++ Redistributable I have left is "2015-2022 (x64)". After installing 7.0.6 I still get the same JavaScript error launching the program.

Is there any way you can go back and check if the TypeError you were receiving was "Cannot read property 'TraceLog'..." (the one people in this thread are getting) and not "Messenger.sender.TraceLog is not a function..." as these are different errors with different solutions.

btan

Hi VelirlT,

My error message was exactly the same as the original post: "Cannot read property 'TraceLog'
IMO this issue is pretty random and our Internal team is still doing their best to figure out the root cause.

Regards,
Bon
voiturefrancaise

No it doesn't. Used a test machine with W11 Enterprise. Uninstalling the old C++ makes no sens where an other application, needed by our clients, installs it again. So either VPN and no phone app or a phone app and no VPN

Fix it!

FranFisc1
New Contributor II

Uninstalling older VC++ Runtimes (2008...) may not be an option for most users, as they need to run other software that installed it and depends on it.

If configured correctly, it works. The reverse conclusion does not apply necessarily.
If configured correctly, it works. The reverse conclusion does not apply necessarily.
VelirIT
New Contributor II

I have new information which might help. My boss noticed if you go into the Web portal and try to launch the client from there (https://0.0.0.0:4433/remote/login?lang=en) and select "Launch FortiClient" it Always fails with this same JavaScript error. This fails even for users who are not otherwise experiencing problems with the client. At the moment, none of our users can launch FortiClient this way. Any chance others in this thread can test this?

voiturefrancaise

I want Fortinet to fix it. We use Liquit so apps know if user is within the lan network or elsewhere. Due to this error people need to bypass lots of apps to prevend this annoying error.

VelirIT
New Contributor II

Here is a screenshot of the weblauncher issue I previously mentioned. This is still unfixed in 7.0.7.

image.png

gfleming
Staff
Staff

This should be fixed in 7.0.7. See release notes and details on bug ID 798055.

Cheers,
Graham
VelirIT
New Contributor II

7.0.7 seems to have worked for me. We're looking into an issue where the EMS version isn't automatically connecting and has to be manually attached, but that could still be specific to us.

voiturefrancaise

Thanks! Works fine now!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors