Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pfournier
New Contributor II

Forticlient VPN 7.4 never connects

Forticlient VPN 7.2.3 works just fine, but 7.4 just gets stuck on 'connecting' no matter what I change in the settings. 

Is there a fix for this beyond just going with an older version? It doesn't seem to matter whether I upgrade an existing 7.2.3 install or if I install fresh.

6 REPLIES 6
jsauer
New Contributor II

The typical issue I have had with Forticlient not connecting is IPv6 being active on the interface you're using. If it's a wireless connection, disable IPv6 for that connection and try again. If it's wired, deactivate it there and see if it works.

Dachrixkross
New Contributor II

It's an SSL or IPSEC vpn?

Any log or indicator?

FortiNole
New Contributor

There is a bug in 7.2.4 that causes this.  There is a version that corrects this issue.  7.2.4.6880

wcmichael
New Contributor

@FortiNole is right on the money. I had to reach out to the TAC, they emailed me a "Special Build" that fixed the SAML authentication problems for us. I uploaded the special build to our EMS server and deployed to my clients that way.

HuijzerL
New Contributor

I'm a bit confused. The original post mentions upgrading to version 7.4 not to version 7.2.4. We too experience the 'stuck on connecting' with FortiClient version 7.4.0.1658 on some of our laptops.

Is a special build you mention available for 7.4.0 or is the special build only for 7.2.4?

Brandon1

We also ran into this issue. Unfortunately, the only fix was reverting back to 7.0.3 as any of the 7.2 versions were causing the same issue.

Thanks,
Brandon
Thanks,Brandon
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors