Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JordanS
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN 7.2.3.0929 40% unable to connect -6005

We recently (about 2 weeks) upgraded our users to this version of the client and we're using Fortigate 60F hardware.

A couple of our users have intermittent issues where at 40% it chokes saying unable to connect to xxx -6005. (the connections are valid and up when this happens.)  I don't find anything specific to this error and code combination.

Currently the solution is to shutdown forticlient completely and restart.  Just clearing the internal cookies doesn't do anything and the error logging just indicates the error and nothing deeper.  This isn't a good solution since our policies prevent users from having that level of control and I'm having to remote into laptops a few times a week just to shut this down and turn it back on.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @JordanS,

Are you using SAML authentication with SSLVPN? There's a known issue on 7.2.3 FortiClient. Please refer to https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.3/windows-release-notes/991883/known-issues

843122 Daily error (-6005) occurs with SAML SSL VPN.

Regards, 

JordanS
New Contributor

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors