Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ducachris
New Contributor II

Forticlient SSL VPN and Application Control

Hi there, I have a " strange" problem with UTM features on my F100D. I initiate a SSL VPN connection with forticlient 4.2.x and all works fine. Some clients upgraded there forticlient to 5.0.6 and now the connection goes to 98% and cannot complete the VPN ignition. When I am out of the LAN office all works fine with 5.06 clients but when I am at the office and the Application control is ON, no way... for those clients I uninstalled the 5.06 and reinstall the 4.2.7 and now all works fine... Is there an explanation to my case ? Is there a rule in application control to set for the 5.x forticlient ?? Thank you in advance and have a nice day. Chris
---------------------------------------------------- FG 100D HA a-a 4 MR3 Patch 16 FG 60B, 80C, 100A, 110C FA 200D --> 5.0.7 ----------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------- FG 100D HA a-a 4 MR3 Patch 16 FG 60B, 80C, 100A, 110C FA 200D --> 5.0.7 ----------------------------------------------------
3 REPLIES 3
rstuart
New Contributor

I' m glad I found this post - thanks Chris. I have the same issue - I' m behind a FG100D (5.0.5) with App control turned on (botnet and proxy blocked). Did a little digging and noticed Ultrasuf_9.6+ was the culprit. Once I allowed this app, all my Tunneled SSLVPNs worked. Looks like the App Ctrl DB has a false positive that needs to be fixed by FortiGuard. -Robin-

-Robin-

-Robin-
rstuart
New Contributor

I submitted the details and received from FortiGuard: Dear customer, Thank you for contacting Fortinet IPS. We have opened ticket 1018669 to track this issue. We just improved signature Ultrasuf_9.6+ to fix this issue. We will release the fix asap and keep you updated. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Happy holidays! Best Regards, Fortinet IPS - Bing

-Robin-

-Robin-
ducachris
New Contributor II

Hey, thank you for your help and response rstuart ! Best Regards Chris
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors