Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikeyMike
New Contributor

Forticlient Prompt

How do I get rid of the message "Fortigate Detected: Registering to Fortigate"  for my end users when they connect via vpn?  

Please and Thanks!

Mike

MK
MK
2 Solutions
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Are you using endpoint control? If not make a backup of your forticlient config and edit the XML file where you set this option:

<endpoint_control>         <enabled>1</enabled> <------------ set it to 0 (disable endpoint control)

note: even if you instal VPN only the endpoint settings is still in the config just it is not shown in the GUI.

Restore the config to forticlient.

What is the result?

AtiT

View solution in original post

AtiT
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Make a backup of the configuration file. Edit the file and set the 1 to 0 under endpoint control. Save the changes and restore the config file into forticlient.

AtiT

View solution in original post

AtiT
9 REPLIES 9
MikeyMike
New Contributor

Anybody? 

MK
MK
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Are you using endpoint control? If not make a backup of your forticlient config and edit the XML file where you set this option:

<endpoint_control>         <enabled>1</enabled> <------------ set it to 0 (disable endpoint control)

note: even if you instal VPN only the endpoint settings is still in the config just it is not shown in the GUI.

Restore the config to forticlient.

What is the result?

AtiT

AtiT
MikeyMike
New Contributor

Forgive my ignorance but how do I know if I'm using endpoint control?  

And where is this .xml file located?

Many thanks for your help!

MK
MK
MikeyMike
New Contributor

Ati?

MK
MK
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Uhm... did you try:

VPN > SSL > Settings

Uncheck Allow Endpoint Registration ☐

MikeyMike
New Contributor

We don't use SSL vpn.  IPSEC only.

Thanks,

MK
MK
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Make a backup of the configuration file. Edit the file and set the 1 to 0 under endpoint control. Save the changes and restore the config file into forticlient.

AtiT

AtiT
MikeyMike
New Contributor

Ah, ok.  That seemed to work.  

Just to confirm, there is no setting on the Fortigate?  This needs to be configured on each client?

Thanks so much for your help!

MK
MK
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi MikeyMike,

Yes it should be enough. At least I did not do anything else ever.

AtiT

AtiT
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors