Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
romanr
Valued Contributor

Forticlient & Lenovo Connection Manager

Hi, at one of our customers we expirence troubles on notebooks that have Forticlient and Lenovo Connection Manager installed... Not like bluescreen, but just connection comes up and then no access to the network... The profiles work perfectly on systems without that Lenovo thing... I think this might be a quiet common installation, so has anybody else seen that kind of troubles??? cheers.roman
4 REPLIES 4
vanc
New Contributor II

No sure exactly what the issue. One possible reason is the proxy in FortiClient. In 3.0, it does not support " TCP Segmentation Offloading" . It may interfere with Lenovo Connection Manager. You can manually turn off FortiProxy by using some registry hacks. Here is a KC article. http://kc.forticare.com/default.asp?SID=&Lang=1&id=1971. But it' s too old. With 3.0 MR6 or newer, you have to disable a driver called fortishield. 1) Launch a DOS prompt with administrator privileges. 2) Type in " net stop fortishield" 3) Launch regedit and change the registry key described in the KC, and then restart FortiClient. It may or may not help. If it doesn' t, please file a support ticket.
romanr
Valued Contributor

Thanx vanc! we will give that a try! cheers.roman
vanc
New Contributor II

Forgot one step, and should be the first step. Stop FortiClient first before doing the registry hack. fortishield cannot be stopped when FortiClient is running.
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi, I just had one of those notebooks in my hands... There wasn' t even Fortishield enabled... Just the IPSec VPN part was actually installed! cheers.roman
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors