Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
toddataralco
New Contributor

Forticlient Installer Fails and Rollsback

Hello... Trying to install the latest FortiClient for Windows on a Server 2012 Essential system. If I install just the base without any options it works fine. However, if I select to include the Secure Remote Access it gets to Installing Drivers, stops, and rollsback.

Unfortunately I cannot find any error logs to provide reasoning.

10 REPLIES 10
Weatherlights
New Contributor

Please check the eventlog for more information to see with what error code the MSI-Installation fails.

Also try to run the msi with the following command line to generate a log file:

msiexec /i "PathToFortiClientInstaller.msi" /log "PathToTheLogFile.txt"

Post logfiles and potential messages from the event log here.

toddataralco

The FortiClientOnlineInstaller isn't a MSI compatible installer. So that's not an option. 

Weatherlights

It is. It just downloads the msi and runs it. You can also aquire the msi file from the support page.

toddataralco

The download from support is the same file that I've been using. See error in image.

Weatherlights

Download the ZIP File "FortiClientSetup_5.6.6.1167_x64.zip"

toddataralco

Tracked down an older version msi to give a shot. See attached error log.

jehadjam
New Contributor

I have a very similar problem as you and as a result I'm unable to deploy forticlient to replace our current anyconnect service.  Like toddataralco I a 1603 error and install fails at the driver installation.  His install is throwing error 13 and 82 (The directory or file cannot be created) as indicated between lines 999 and 1027 in his log file.  My error code is 5 which is access denied.  I have had multiple versions of my custom installation created and I tried a previous version that used to work and it now doesn't.  Something must have changed in windows that causes this to fail.  Any help would greatly be appreciated because I want to finish this ssl vpn project.

dspencer
New Contributor

I have the same issue when I try to installer the FortiClient for Windows 10.  I've  tried to attached the log file that was generated but your system won't allow the file as it's to large

jehadjam
New Contributor

We ended up disabling UAC and our anti-virus software and installing it.  Sometimes we would have to reboot as well.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors