Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Chris20
New Contributor

Forticlient EMS - Group Assignment Rules with id Installer not working

Hello, I am starting to configure a new ems environment and I have a problem with the rules which are based on the installer id

I created an installer with an installation identifier (VPN) in order to assign to assign a local group of the ems for the workstations that use the deployment package with the id VPN

[image][/image]

But it does not work.

I installed 3 workstations with the correct package, restarted. I even started the rules manually, my local group in the EMS remains hopelessly empty.

Have you ever encountered the case?

I have gone through the whole manual and everything is ok from my point of view

6 REPLIES 6
Chris20
New Contributor

Functionality not implemented on my server :)

fcb

What version of FTC? I too have had issues with this. I tried setting up the Group Assignment Rule that said: If a member of Domain Admins, put the clients in this EMS group, and that worked but have never got the installer ID rule to work, at all.

ebujedo
Staff
Staff

Hi all,
There is a reported issue about this if you are using Split Tunnel:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.3/ems-release-notes/310815/known-issues

760816 Group assignment rules based on IP addresses do not work when using split tunnel.

Cheers.
Ezequiel.

Staff
fortisweetener

This is still present over a year later, in 7.0.8 and limits my policy controls for mass updating.
What a pain.

NotAHacker
New Contributor

I'm having this same issue on EMS 7.0.5.  Has anyone found a solution?

ebujedo
Staff
Staff

Hi NotAHacker,

As we can see in the latest Forticlient EMS release notes, this issue (ID 760816)is still present.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.4/ems-release-notes/310815/known-issues

The fix should be included in future version (not determined yet).

Best regards.

Ezequiel.

Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors