Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kalpitaru
New Contributor

Forticlient EMS Cloud with EMS for Chromebooks

I am trying to get a deployment of Forticlient EMS cloud to work with chromebook webfiltering. I am having some significant issues with the SSL certificate for this setup.

Has anyone else successfully deployed this? What kind of certificate did you use and what is the CN set to for it? In my case I am using a wildcard cert issued by Digicert with the CN being the domain of the organization I am setting up.

I have this same certificate added to my Google Admin console to use as a CA for the chromebooks.

omegle xender
1 REPLY 1
JonathanTorian_FTNT

Hi kalpitaru,

There is documentation that provides guidance in regards to your question.  Please see the following:

Adding SSL certificates to FortiClient EMS for Chromebook endpoints

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/6.2.0/ems-administration-guide/411986/adding-ssl-cert...

Have you been through this documentation yet?  If so, what are the "significant issues with the SSL certificate" are you encountering?

To answer your question, I am using a FQDN that I generated with my internal CA (so it required me to push the CA certificate through the google console to all of my chromebook hosts).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors