Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chedstrom
New Contributor II

Forticlient EMS 7.2 and FQDN

Fortigate 7.2.9

Forticlient 7.2.4.0972

Forticlient EMS 7.2.4.983

I've gotten this to work using just the internal IP address over ZTNA for connecting to an RDP server. 

I followed the steps to configure ZTNA for use with FQDN (ZTNA TCP forwarding access proxy with FQDN example | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.2.0 | Fortinet Document L...)

When I do a name resolution for my RDP server, it resolves to the VIP 10.235.0.3, as expected. Yet when I try to connect, it fails.

Is there a better document for using FQDN with ZTNA since the document is for 7.2.0 and my fortigate is 7.2.9?

8 REPLIES 8
Sx11
Staff
Staff

Hello @chedstrom,

you can check following guide that shows the config related top FQDN-based ZTNA TCP forwarding proxy.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.3/administration-guide/814327/fqdn-based-ztna-tcp...

Regards

sx11
chedstrom
New Contributor II

7.2 and later no longer modifies the host files so why would I go backwards?

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

When you ping the related FQDN from FGT does it resolve it to its IP address?

AEK
AEK
chedstrom
New Contributor II

The VIP or the inside IP? See my original post.

AEK

I mean from the FortiGate, not from the client.

AEK
AEK
chedstrom
New Contributor II

Why would the public IP need to accept ICMP?

AEK

I mean DNS resolution. In case you use FQDN in your ZTNA server config, can your FG resolve the FQDN of your back-end server to its correct IP address?

AEK
AEK
chedstrom
New Contributor II

Yes the server behind the Fortigate can be resolved by its FQDN and responds to ICMP from the Fortigate.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors