Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Forticlient Android: auto connect to start up

Hi,

I have to migrate dozens of VPNs from free Forticlient to Forticlient connected to an EMS server 7.0.7.

I need the VPNs, of the IPSEC type, to start automatically when the various devices, all Android, switched on.
The problem is that the only way to do it seems written in this old guide: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-FortiClient-EMS-Auto-connect-a-VPN-Tunne... where it says "Note: Auto-connection settings are only set on FortiClient only after first tunnel connection."

I actually can't add the lines I need in phase 1:

set auto connect enable
set keep-alive enable
set save-password enable

FGT-Master#config vpn ipsec phase1-interface
FGT-Master (phase1-interface) #edit VPN_ANDROID_EMS
FGT-Master (VPN_ANDROID_EMS) # set client-auto-negotiate enable
command parse error before 'client-auto-negotiate'

If in EMS server I select the Autoconnet, Save Password fields, they are not applied if in phase 1 there aren't the three previous strings.

Is it possible that in firmware 6.2.12 it is still not possible to insert these strings on existing VPNs? Do I need to recreate all VPNs?

I want to clarify that by creating the VPN from zero, as written in the guide, everything works.

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Max,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Max,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max,

I found this documentation:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.0/android-administration-guide/129367/ssl-vpn

Could you please tell me if it is helping?

Regards,

FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi Anthony,

my VPN is of the IPSEC type, I have already read all the manuals

FortiMax_it_1-1672849383745.png

but I don't think I have seen how to add these three commands on an existing VPN IPSEC:

set auto connect enable
set keep-alive enable
set save-password enable

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors