Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
santinelliv
New Contributor

Forticlient 7.x on macOS (Ventura) cannot save the VPN configuration

I have installed Forticlient 7.0.7 (but I also tried with 7.0.3 and 7.0.6) and if I try to "Configure VPN" and then save my configuration, it just goes back to the main screen. If I close the client and reopen it, I still see the "accept ToS" screen. It looks like the client is not saving any setting at all.

I have already granted permissions to the whole filesystem to Forticlient, Fortiagent, Fortitray and so forth but no success.

Is there anyone who knows how to fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
pgautam
Staff
Staff

Hi,

According to the release notes MacOS Ventura (13) should be supported.
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/macos-release-notes/471180/product-integration-...

Could you please try this to see if the following steps are?

1. Remove FCT from that machine:

Before running the uninstaller make sure you shut down Forticlient completely.
-To shutdown, right-click on FortiClient icon, and select 'shutdown' from the menu.
-Uninstall via uninstaller in the Applications folder.

2. Delete MacOS Fortinet or FortiClient references manually:
If none of them worked, as an alternate: (Forced uninstall)

-Open Applications > Utilities > Terminal
-Mac$ cd /
-Mac$ cd Library/LaunchDaemons
-Mac$ sudo rm -rf com.fortinet.forticlient.*
-Mac$ cd /
-Mac$ cd "Library/Application Support/Fortinet"
-Mac$ sudo rm -R FortiClient
-Reboot Computer

Regards,

Priyanka

santinelliv
New Contributor

Hi @pgautam 

Yes I did uninstall, I did clean-up everything manually, too. And I even went as far as disabling SPI, removing the extension manually and re-enabling SPI. 

And then I reinstalled the client. 

And every time I get the same issue. 

I am really starting to lose all my hopes. My best bet is that the electron implementation used in the Forticlient is somehow fighting against something in my system and not working correctly. But I can't do any debugging unless there is a way to enable the javascript console within the Forticlient and observe what is breaking. 

PD
New Contributor

Since yesterday, I have been experiencing the exact same issue. I am currently using MacOS Ventura 13.4 and FortiClient VPN 7.0.1.0060. There have been no changes made by the IT department, and I can successfully connect to the VPN using FortiClient on my iPhone, iPad, Windows PC, and even a Mac running High Sierra (10.13.6). The behavior is consistent across these devices, where FortiTray correctly connects to the VPN. On both the Ventura Macs i own, however, FortiTray attempts to establish a connection but suddenly disconnects. I have checked the logs, but they do not provide any useful information. The only odd thing I have noticed is that both the FortiClient and FortiClient Uninstaller applications in the Applications folder have a grey lock icon in the bottom left corner. On MacOS Ventura, the System Settings app has undergone significant changes in appearance compared to previous versions. However, in the Privacy & Security panel, I have granted all permissions to the app, and in any case I have not made any changes to them in the past two days.

Do you have any other advice or suggestions on what I could try?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors