Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Adnen
New Contributor II

Forticlient 7.2.2 Build 0864 Disconnect continuously or Can't Connect

Hello Team, 

Since some weeks we passed from Forticlient 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 and we face a huge problem, I have about 2000 computer, about 250  persons have a trouble with the application, some of them can't connect and get different error message with code 20xxx (not always same xxx), 

othertime the user can connect from first time but the Forticlient disconnect after a while (sometime 1 minutes other after 1h)

like a random behavior in the application, I check all different component (FA/Fortigate/EMS/Radius) nothing is changed.

for information I move from version 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 because of BSOD in the version 7.2.1.

any one pass by the same issue please ? I have a TAC with Fortinet support but I looking for a other feedback from other person who have the same issue and how he resolve the prblem, 

attached different screenshot.

VPN.png

12 REPLIES 12
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

The error indicates that VPN server is unreachable. I suggest to try from another PC with FortiClient 7.2.1 or with FortiClient VPN.

AEK
AEK
Adnen
New Contributor II

Hello AEK, 
the problem happen randomly, I have rollback some computer with version 7.2.1 and they are good on VPN, but in 7.2.2 always the same thing, I just reboot the app and it work again, and after a while same thing, 
so it's not about server, is just the appl,

AEK

Hi Adnen

So now at least the users can work again and at least you know that the issue is in version 7.2.2.

So now I think you should leave the issue for TAC support.

AEK
AEK
Adnen
New Contributor II

no can't because in version 7.2.1 I suffer from BSOD, 
and seems been a bug identified in 7.2.2 

for sure continue with TAC but i post here, if i have a chance to found someone who have a turn around soluiton, 

AM2
New Contributor II

Hello all,

we are having the same error message with Forticlient version 7.2.2 Build 0864.

error message: unable to stablish the VPN connection. the VPN server may be unreachable (-20101). 

our VPN users are having this issue almost everyday since we installed the latest version of Fortinet last month. 

The only workaround that is working for us is reboot the computer. after rebooting the computer, They are able to connect to the VPN. We are waiting for Fortinet to see if they can find a permanent fix to this issue. thanks 

Lcastor
New Contributor

Same issue, we also have issues establishing tunnel. On the logs it says tunnel connection setup timeout.

Adnen
New Contributor II

Hello FortiClient User, 

the Version 7.2.3 if officially released since 2 days, and actually all test we did are goods (espacially with disconnection problem or user can't connect) 
we're not going to update all computer at the moment, but We will make all test in coming week, if everything is ok we will move, 

EliamKyree
New Contributor

The problem manifests in different ways; some users can't connect at all, receiving various error codes (consistently starting with '20'). Others manage to connect initially but get randomly disconnected after a varying period, ranging from one minute to an hour. I initially made the switch due to BSOD problems in version 7.2.1, and now, I'm caught in skims return unpredictability.

Adnen
New Contributor II

Hello,
the version 7.2.3 correct both bugs in 7.2.1 and 7.2.2, you can run it with EMS server 7.2.X without a problem, 

I already test it and it's ok

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors