Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sp00n
New Contributor

Forticlient 5.4.x preventing Windows 8.1 from going to sleep/hibernate

Hi everyone,

I had a problem that my Forticlient was getting stuck at 98% (common issue). I have followed this guide to fix it: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD36630 

I have also uninstalled and installed VPN client again.

Now I have a working VPN solution, but also a machine does not go to sleep.

In device manager I see miniport WAN drivers with exclamation marks. They seem to be duplicates. I have like miniport WAN driver #7

If I uninstall Forticlient, computer sleeps. 

Any help in the subject appreciated.

1 Solution
ipindado
New Contributor II

Have you tried disabling all WAN miniports (XXXX) in device manager and restarting?

I've had a similar problem and with that operation all miniports were resintalled and system sleep again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ipindado
New Contributor II

Have you tried disabling all WAN miniports (XXXX) in device manager and restarting?

I've had a similar problem and with that operation all miniports were resintalled and system sleep again.

sp00n
New Contributor

thanks for your input.

i cant get them reinstalled as the "excalamtion mark" state renders them unusable and uninstallable. I tried to force install different drivers on them. Then it was possible to uninstall/disable. However system reinstalled them again in the incorrect state. I need to somehow reset my PCs network interfaces back to their oryginal state.

sp00n
New Contributor

hi i have found a solution, if anyone cares.

in order to get the networking reset and duplicate WAN mini port removed, you need to remove all of the network interfaces, WLAN, LAN, BT, VMWAre Virtual adapters... so you have no Network Adapters sub-tree at all. Wipe it all, check remove drivers when it asks you. You can do CCleaning sor something if you like. I did not. Then reboot your computer. Install all the drivers you need. Install forticlient. Sleep. It just works.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors