Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phennes
New Contributor

Forticlient 5.09 stopped getting definition update

I have noticed on a handful of my Forticlient's stopped receiving virus definition updates.  The log states cannot obtain updates. Update server responded with unauthorized access.

Fortigate version 5.11

Forticlient version 5.09

I have also tried update one of the workstations to 5.2.4 and it still cant get updates.

Thanks

1 Solution
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Sorry. What I meant was it shall be fixed in a further FortiClient release.

You are right that 5.0.11 is not available. The latest is 5.0.10 and it has this bug.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
phennes
New Contributor

Actually I got a system message "Fortigate update now virdb(28.00366) etdb(28.00366)    botnet(2.00515)  from 208.91.112.71:443"

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

So that means resolution for FDS is working and the fortigate is working. So the million dollar questions, when the client is trying to update is it pull the update from FDS directly or via the fortigate?

Since we know the client works unregistered, I believe the latter is involved. I'm scratching my head on what  to do but have you validate the forticlient is shown registered on  the fortigate?

I would 1st check for FCT-access and make sure it was not removed AND if it was working previously.

And then run some diagnostics

diag debug  console timestamp enable

diag debug reset

diag debug  console timestamp enable

diag debug en

diag debug flow addr <enter client>

diag debug flow show console

diag debug flow trace start 100

If the client can't registered that's a issue. And if it's registration is valid but everything else does not work that's another issue. Maybe  the following my shed some light;

diag endpoint registration list

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
phennes
New Contributor

They seem to register fine and the FCT-access is enabled on the correct interface.  I should also mention that this is occurring at 4 other sites with the same firmware versions and it seemed it happened about the same time.

Here is a output for  diag endpoint registration list   FortiClient #1 (0):     UID                      = ****************     vdom                     = root     status                   = registered     registering time         = Tue Jul 14 16:24:57 2015     registration expiry time = none     source IP                = 192.168.****     source MAC               = 00:25:*****     user                     = ****     host OS                  = Microsoft Windows 7 , 32-bit Service Pack 1 (build 7601)     restored registration    = no     local registration       = yes     remote registration SN   = local  

I will work on the other commands in a bit.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

FDS may have prevented registered 5.0 FortiClient to get AV signature. It's under investigation...

Chris_Lin_FTNT

It turned out it's a recent FDS update that prevents FortiClient from using FortiGate SN to get AV signature. So it will require a FortiClient 5.0.11 to fix it.

phennes

Ah OK.  I will get that updated and get back to you on the results.

Thanks for getting that info

phennes

I actually only see Forticlient 5.0.10 as a option for download from the Fortinet site.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you know of any diag commands to diagnose forticlient registering attempts?  I was curios outside of the forticlient discovery does a means exist on the fortigate to look at registrations attempts.

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Do you mean "diag debug app fcnacd 255"?

Chris_Lin_FTNT

Sorry. What I meant was it shall be fixed in a further FortiClient release.

You are right that 5.0.11 is not available. The latest is 5.0.10 and it has this bug.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors