Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lpi
New Contributor II

Fortiauthenticator and FTM push issue

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to be able to use FTM on the agent and the forti authenticator.

My setup is this one, FACv6.5.3, Fortigate 7.4.1, AD2K19 and agent version 5.

FTM is working the SSL-VPN firewall with local user and token.

Token authentication is working on the SSL-VPN with FAC radius.

Token authentication is working on the agent with password or PIN.

But in both last cases, FTM is not working.

Public IP/FQDN for FortiToken Mobile has been configured on the FAC using FQDN.

Do you have an idea ?

Regards

Laurent

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Laurent,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
pminarik
Staff
Staff

1, Do you have push enabled in the Agent app as shown here? https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiauthenticator/6.5.0/fortiauthenticator-agent-for-microsoft-w... (first screenshot, "Allow Push Authentication")

2, Does the mobile app receive the notification when a user attempts to get a push notification?

[ corrections always welcome ]
lpi
New Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your email, yes both have been applied correctly. I found the problem in a short video that talks about an earlier version. The FAC push port must of course be different from the Firewall port and a VIP is required. Now everything works perfectly but I'll check if it's not a security problem.

Regards

Markus_M

Hi lpi,

push notifications are an interesting way for end users, but also difficult for the admins. I strongly suggest going through the best practices on FortiAuthenticator:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAuthenticator/Technical-Tip-Best-practices-on-hardening-Forti...
That covers a bunch of security concerns without impacting your user base, if done right.

Best regards,

Markus

lpi
New Contributor II

Hi Markus,

Excellent, I'll read the document carefully. 

Best regards

Laurent

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors