Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rezafathi
Contributor II

Fortianalyzer event handler

Hi

I have created an event handler on FAZ to identify which IP is trying to download the virus and then created a stich on FGT to ban ip of that user, but it does not work when i try to downloaf eicar test virus. The screenshot is my FAZ configuration. Thanks.

1000085397.jpg

Reza F.
Reza F.
10 REPLIES 10
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @rezafathi ,

When you download the eicar test file, is the log created on FortiAnalyzer or not? 

If you say yes, is this log id the same as "0211008192" or not? 

Also, can you share the automation stitch configuration with us?

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
rezafathi

Hi

Yes logs is created. And logid is same.

1000085435.jpg

Reza F.
Reza F.
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @rezafathi ,

Do you see any count on the Event Handler Events column? 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
rezafathi

Yes

Reza F.
Reza F.
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @rezafathi ,

Do you see the trigger count on your FortiGate?

image.png

Also, can you check the ban status with this command? 

diagnose user banned-ip list

rezafathi

Yes i see trigger count. And I checked the command but no ip ban.

Reza F.
Reza F.
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hi @rezafathi ,

That interesting. I tried same scnerio on my lab environment, everything works well.

Maybe someone faced with this issue. Also, if you have a active license you can create a case to fortinet support. Support engineer will inspect problem deeply.

rezafathi

Hi

I do not see any trigger count on fortigate. Should i enable central management on fortigate? Because it is disabled.

Reza F.
Reza F.
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hi @rezafathi ,

Ne needs central management configuration. Maybe reconfiguring eventhandler and automation can solve the problem.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors