Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Previgarb
New Contributor

Fortianalyzer | Fortiview is empty

FortiAnalyzerFortiGate 

Hi,

I've tried and tried and don't seem to be able to fix this problem I have with FA.

I have a setup with Fortigate 61F + EMS + Fortianalyzer. All V7.0.3.

Security fabric is enable with FG unit as fabric root and all looks ok, but... although in the FA "Log View" I can see the FG logs that have been stored for the last few months, in the FotiView most log categories (such as all in Traffic f. ex.) are empty with a "This chart requires following Log to be enabled: (log name)", and the ones who don't show the warnig are empty as well.

In the FG unit log settings I have sending logs to FA enabled, status connected, upload realtime... oddly Storage/Analytics /Archive usage show "0%". In "Logs Sent to FortiAnalyzer Daily" bellow, I have ~1GB daily.

I've reviewed everything and  I feel lost at this point...What have I missed?..

Thanks in advance,

14 REPLIES 14
JPratt
Staff
Staff

Hi,

In the Fortigate do you have a policy with Application Control Security Profile enabled? This is needed to show Applications under FortiView in FAZ.

Previgarb

Hi JPratt,

Thank you for your reply,
I have several Application Sensors under “Security control > Application control”. The one I use is set to monitor all categories.
I have that profile enabled in our Proxy Policy and in most of our Firewall Policies.
Although the FAZ logs virtual disk has ~300GB of used space, and it's running since february (meaning it's collecting the logs), Fortiview has most of the categories greyed out. When I hover the mouse over, lets say "Traffic > Top Sources" it says "This chart requires following Log to be enabled: Traffic".
Do you have any idea of what else I should check?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

Zhuo
New Contributor III

May be related to SQL database

Hope the following link can help you.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Troubleshooting-Tip-No-entries-are-displayed-in-Fort...

Previgarb
New Contributor

Hi Zhuo,

Thank you for your reply,

For what I read the problems with the SQL DB come from updating FAZ.

I've never updated it and the issue is there since I first installed back in February.

Thanks,

Cheers,

mk99
New Contributor

Did you ever get this fixed?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors