Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ronio
New Contributor

Fortianalyzer Disk quota is larger than the available disk.

Hi, everyone,
I would appreciate your assistance.
I have FORTIANALYZER version 6.4.10 divided into 4 ADOMS.
In the main ADOM, to which most of the organization's machines are associated (50 machines), I can see logs for up to 31 days.
In another ADOM, to which only 6 machines are associated, I define that I want to see logs of 31 days back and in practice it only shows me up to 4 days.

In terms of STORAGE INFO, I am shown the following data:
When I try to change the settings of the ALLOCATED DISK UTILIZATION it shows me the following error: although in practice from what I understand I have a maximum of 7.2TB free space.
I would be happy to help with1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG this :)

15 REPLIES 15
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

You have a total of 7.2TB storage, but you are trying to configure 8TB (8000 GB) and that's the reason for error. Also, as per the shared output the current usage is 6TB which means and there is possibility that the older logs are deleted by the system. Since your 4 days of logs itself is filling 6TB of storage, there is a high chance the older logs will be of similar size and the system deletes the oldest logs when the usage is ~95%,

image.png

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

ronio

first, thank you very much! @srajeswaran 

so the solution is to add more disk to the VM machine?

srajeswaran

I would suggest you to validate if the logs that you are getting is genuine or not.If the log rate is genuine, yes you will have to increase the storage.
Also, we can change the analytics:archive ratio (currently its 90:10), to may be 70:30 (default )

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

ronio

Hi, thanks again.

Another question please.. how/where can I change the total of the "Allocated Storage" of this specific ADOM?5.PNG

srajeswaran

You can do it from system settings. Edit the specific ADOM and change the values (Disk Utilization > Allocated - change this value).

image.png

image.png

Regards,

Suraj

ronio

I mean after I add more disk space, how can I specify it to the specific ADOM? 

do I need to do a 6.PNG7.PNGrestart? 

how can I edit the "Maximum Available"?

Thanks

srajeswaran

You need to run "execute lvm extend" . Please refer to following article for more details - https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Technical-Tip-Extending-disk-space-in-FortiAnalyzer-...

Regards,

Suraj

ronio

Hi, I added 4T to the fortianalyzer.

I did everything according to the article that you sent me, and still, I can see logs for only 4 days..

is there something that I miss?8.PNG9.PNG10.png

srajeswaran

Can you check if there are files archived under "log view > Log Browse" ?

https://help.fortinet.com/fmgr/50hlp/56/5-6-1/FMG-FAZ/2100_Log_view/0800_Log_browse/0000_Log_browse....

Regards,

Suraj

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors