Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jpalmer99
New Contributor II

Fortianalyzer 5.6

Anyone hear when 5.6 will be released?  Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
jcharlery
New Contributor

Difficult to work now without the FortiAnalyzer 5.6

andreadg88

quote...we need it for upgrade to FortiOS 5.6.0

Fortinet NSE4

Fortinet NSE4
Philip_Coakes

A colleague in my office spoke to a UK&I based SE, who told him that the release window was between 01-05 May 2017.  I checked every day last week, and again this morning.  Still no joy....  I'll contact the SE for an update this pm.

The sometimes boffin, who' s always coughin' ...

FGT 300D x2

FGT 300C

FGT 200B FAZ VM

The sometimes boffin, who' s always coughin' ... FGT 300D x2 FGT 300C FGT 200B FAZ VM
Philip_Coakes

I spoke to our SE earlier - it seems release has slipped a couple of weeks.  I suspect we will need to wait until the end of May.

FGT 300D x2

FGT 300C

FGT 200B FAZ VM

The sometimes boffin, who' s always coughin' ... FGT 300D x2 FGT 300C FGT 200B FAZ VM
DirtyBlueshirt

both 5.6.0 and 5.4.3 keep slipping, though my SE says 5.6.0 will likely come first. 5.4.3 has reached Mythical Unicorn status by now.

--- Aaron Slater Security Analyst, Network Engineer, Part-Time Everything Else
GarrettL
New Contributor

I just asked my rep and was given a mid June-July time frame.  This frustrates me as we upgraded a few FGT's to 5.6 and the beta team never gets back to me on why the beta downloads aren't working...

Philip_Coakes

I have managed a temporary work-around that enables me to view my v5.6 logs and carry out analytics without losing the logs on my production v5.4 FAZ.  

I have spoken to my SE, who has been able to supply me with access to the FAZ v5.6 beta; I built a fresh vm from the beta code.  When configured, I have then gone to the production FAZ, and configured Log Forwarding with a device filter configured to only forward the logs from the FGT running v5.6.  

Once you have configured forwarding from the "donor" FAZ, you just need to go and accept the device on the "target" FAZ.

So far so good - the events & logs are all coming through as expected.  This will do for now, until release of v5.6 GA.

FGT 300D x2

FGT 300C

FGT 200B FAZ VM

andreadg88

Have you any news?

Fortinet NSE4

Fortinet NSE4
DirtyBlueshirt

andreadg88 wrote:

Have you any news?

My sources still point to Mid-June for GA release. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors