Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tmcgov62
Staff
Staff

FortiZTP vs Fortigate Cloud when provisioning to CLOUD Fortimanager

I'm trying to setup a POC to demo ZTP.....Using the Fortigate Cloud service, I was able to provision a Fortigate to it's proper On-Prem FMG. However I was unable to get the gate provisioned to the proper CLOUD FMG. (Even though it says it's supported). I then tried using FortiZTP service and was able to provision to the CLOUG FMG successfully.

Has anyone else run into this ? Should we be using the FortiZTP since it's still in beta ?

Tom

1 Solution
Stephen_G

Hi Tom,

In the absence of other information about your setup, all we can suggest is the main difference between using FortiZTP with FortiManager Cloud as opposed to any other kind of FortiZTP-FortiManager setup: The "Automatically link device" option is unchecked when you use FortiZTP with FortiManager Cloud. This will soon be enabled by default. But in the meantime, you have to right-click on the model in FortiManager Cloud (after using FortiZTP) and check the box for "automatically link", then attempt to reach out to the FortiManager.

Perhaps this caused some kind of difference?

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello tmcgov62, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello tmcgov62,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hello Tom,

I'm sorry we haven't been able to get you an answer yet. FortiZTP has relatively few experts. I am still looking.

For the moment, I recommend you check out the documentation here https://docs.fortinet.com/product/fortiztp if you haven't already.

Otherwise, I highly recommend open a support ticket with your issue. https://www.fortinet.com/support/contact

However, FortiZTP is fine to use even though it's in beta. It sounds like it resolved your issue, and it is a valid approach so long as it fulfills your requirements. If you encounter issues, you're welcome to report them.

Stephen_G

Hi Tom,

In the absence of other information about your setup, all we can suggest is the main difference between using FortiZTP with FortiManager Cloud as opposed to any other kind of FortiZTP-FortiManager setup: The "Automatically link device" option is unchecked when you use FortiZTP with FortiManager Cloud. This will soon be enabled by default. But in the meantime, you have to right-click on the model in FortiManager Cloud (after using FortiZTP) and check the box for "automatically link", then attempt to reach out to the FortiManager.

Perhaps this caused some kind of difference?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors