Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ThePro
New Contributor III

FortiWifi 60E - Weird DHCP isue. Not all devices get an IP.

I have a software switch that merges both the internal ports and the wifi interfaces. For some reason the DHCP does not assign an IP to all devices on the network. If for example someone connects through WiFi with a laptop or tablet it accepts the password, but their device doesnt get an IP. I has happned with workstation as well.

I have DHCP to assign from 10.10.10.160 to 10.10.10.200. DHCP Monitor only shows its using 5-6 of those.

I have deleted and re-added the interfaces, but the issues persists. I have updates the firmware and nothings seems to help. Its driving me crazy. Could it be faulty hardware?

7 REPLIES 7
Sidewaysguy
New Contributor III

Hi there. Which model and firmware are you on?  I've had a similar issue with a software switch on a 92D on 5.4.x. 

ThePro
New Contributor III

It was on 5.4.x, but updated to 5.6.x and now its working.

Thanks.

Sidewaysguy
New Contributor III

That's good to hear.  That was my ultimate fix as well. 

ThePro
New Contributor III

Apparently the issue was not fixed. Some new devices tried to connect to the network and they dont get IPs from the DHCP.

Any ideas?

I have worked with over 20 Forti/FortiWiFi products an I have never had this sort of issue. Its driving me (and my client) mad. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Before going mad or crazy I would go to TAC a few steps before the last resort.

I don't have FWF60E but FWF60D. Is your "wifi" interface is a part of "lan" soft-switch and the DHCP server in question is serving both "wifi" and "internal"? Then you saw only 5-6 entries in "exe dhcp least-list"? Do you see any devices on "internal" interface?

ThePro
New Contributor III

toshiesumi wrote:

Is your "wifi" interface is a part of "lan" soft-switch and the DHCP server in question is serving both "wifi" and "internal"?

Yes.

toshiesumi wrote:

Then you saw only 5-6 entries in "exe dhcp least-list"? Do you see any devices on "internal" interface?

They all display as Interface LAN (the name of the soft-switch), NOT internal1 or wifi (the members of the soft-switch).

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I was assuming you were on-site then able to differentiate what is connected to wifi and what is connected to wired LAN "internal", and asked if you could see any devices connected to "internal" in addition to "wifi". "exe dhcp least-list" provides us quite information; IP, MAC-add, Hostname, VCI and EXpiry.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors