Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

FortiWifi 60C high CPU usage

Anybody experience high cpu influx on the FortiWifi 60C? We have one location that is located next Pizza hut. Everytime they Pizza hut open, it kill off our wifi and driving our Fortiwifi cpu usage bonanza.
14 REPLIES 14
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Could it be that you' ve got a lot of ' admin access denied' events? If users confuse the admin HTTPS access to the FGT with PH' s wifi then the FGT is busy fending them off. One countermeasure would be to define Trusted Hosts for admin access.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Ede, We have the trusted hosted define for our admin. Only two host is allow to connect to this device. The weird part is whenever I browse around the web interface or screen. The CPU usage skyrocket.
SimplicityForce
New Contributor

Do you have background scan or radio resource provision enabled? Just my first thought.
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

The option not enable just for troubleshooting.
GusTech
Contributor II

I also have seen this at a customer location. I deleted all SW-switches to internal. This was in a v4 reales-something Do you use CLI from WebGUI? In the event log, do you have a lot of client-authenticated and Client deauthenticated?

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

We used both. CLI from WebGUI and ssh session. How do you resolve this issue? by deleting SW-switches to internal? Do you have a command that I can use to perform that test? Thanks, Phuoc
GusTech
Contributor II

If you close all your HTTP* sessions and only have a active SSH session, does the CPU still strugling with high CPU @ the HTTP* threds? Do you use SW-switching between a internal interface and the Wifi? Do clients get deauthenticated, after a short while when they should not be?

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

yes, the cpu stil spike even with the active ssh session. I don' t believe we have anything configure for SW-switching between internal and wifi. We didn' t get any logs indicating client get deauthenticated. The symptom we experience is that the Wifi SSID signal got drop off completely from range.
GusTech

Ok, then it is something elese. what authentication do you running on the wifi?

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors