Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FXLEWIS
New Contributor II

FortiWiFi firewall, router.wifi - dual radio

I just need to confirm that the FWF-40F has a single radio and that if I want to have multiple SSIDs using different bands 2.4GZ or 5.0GHZ, you have to do one or the other BUT NOT both?  To do both, the next product available is the FWF-80F-2R or is this some other router/firewall/ap product I am not finding?

1 Solution
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

FWF40F and FWF60F both have single-radio and can only use one band at a time (2.4 or 5 GHz).

FWF80F has dual radio (both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands at the same time).

60F.png

While FWF80F can broadcast in both bands simultaneously, or use the second antenna for stronger signal:
80F.png

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

FWF40F and FWF60F both have single-radio and can only use one band at a time (2.4 or 5 GHz).

FWF80F has dual radio (both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands at the same time).

60F.png

While FWF80F can broadcast in both bands simultaneously, or use the second antenna for stronger signal:
80F.png

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
FXLEWIS
New Contributor II

Alec –

Thanks for the info.  Is that the only model you’re aware of that allow simultaneous use of 2.4GHZ and 5.0GHZ bands at the same time?  I’m very surprised that most of the models home office / small business models make customers choose between bands considering that many customers have a mix of equipment.

Regards,

FL

AlexC-FTNT

I am not working in Sales, but as far as I know, this is the only one that supports dual-band. The FortiGate itself is better suited to act as wireless controller for multiple Access-Points behind it (with dual-band capabilities if needed), rather than provide WIFI service itself

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors