Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
asadz
New Contributor

FortiWeb limitations

I appreciate if you can answer my following queries:-

· Fortinet WAF can protect the applications in block mode and at the same time perform an incremental learning of new legitimate parameters into the application profile?

· Fortinet have this capability to track the application users from login forms in the application?

· Fortinet can protect the applications in block mode and at the same time perform an incremental learning of new legitimate parameters into the application profile.?

· Bot detection. Can Fortinet can accurately identify if the incoming web request is from a Human or a bot.?

· Allows the same FortiNet appliance to protect many web and database servers acting as a Reverse Proxy for some or all of the web servers and as a bridge for other server groups

I tried to look down on website and internet spent hours but cannot glean above info.

5 REPLIES 5
Idan_Soen_FTNT

Yes to all

asadz

How? Where can show supported documents. 

zeki893
New Contributor II

asadz wrote:

· Allows the same FortiNet appliance to protect many web and database servers acting as a Reverse Proxy for some or all of the web servers and as a bridge for other server groups

Here is the answer to one of your questions. *Many has a limit of how many server policies you can add depending on model.

It don't think it can act as a bridge but in latest 5.8 they added ip-forwarding so maybe you can use it as a router for other servers now. I haven't tried so I can't say for sure.

http://help.fortinet.com/...x_max_value_matrix.htm

asadz
New Contributor

zeki893 wrote:

asadz wrote:

Here is the answer to one of your questions. *Many has a limit of how many server policies you can add depending on model.

It don't think it can act as a bridge but in latest 5.8 they added ip-forwarding so maybe you can use it as a router for other servers now. I haven't tried so I can't say for sure.

http://help.fortinet.com/...x_max_value_matrix.htm

Thanks 

As far as I know it should be the same mode for all servers as it can run in single unlike fortigate where you can have multi vdoms and each can run its own operation mode

Can you pls verify me from your sources? Thanks

regards

zeki893
New Contributor II

You can run adom but it uses the same routing table.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors