Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fgasimzade
New Contributor

FortiWeb Real Client IP

Hello,

I am configuring Fortiweb for the first time. I managed to publish a test Website on IIS, all good. But when I enable Client Real IP option in the policy, I can no longer access my test website. I can see requests in the logs, but looks like no reply is being made by the webserver.

Out topology is the following:

Internet - FortiWeb - Palo Alto - Web Server.

Web Server's default gateways is at Palo Alto, which is then forwarded to Fortiweb.

I saw a hint note, that default gateway of the server must be Fortiweb - but even though it is not the case in our topology, technically we have a default route from Palo Alto to Fortiweb. 

Is there something I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

It looks like there is someother best route from palo alto to reach the real client which is not through FortiWeb.

best regards,

Jin

YanicKlein
New Contributor

In order to troubleshoot this further, it might be beneficial to consult the FortiWeb documentation or reach out to their support team for specific guidance. They'll have the expertise to help you identify any potential misconfigurations or suggest alternative approaches based on your network setup.

Additionally, if you're looking for more insights on IP-related topics or privacy concerns, you can visit leetprivacy.com. They provide useful information, including details on why IP address location can be wrong. You can explore the topic further at this link: https://leetprivacy.com/why-is-my-ip-address-location-wrong/.

I hope you're able to resolve the issue and successfully enable the Client Real IP option.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors