Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alfred_Cruz
New Contributor

FortiWeb IOS, version 5.5.x

I have a FortiWeb 1000D with a firmware version 5.41, build0560.

I would like to upgrade to the latest version which I belieive is 5.5.x

Now I was reading that I need to re-partition the hard disk first before upgrading to the latest version.

Has anyone upgrade from version 5.4 to 5.5. yet?

If you have, how easy/hard was the partition part?

Any help would be appreciated.

AC

Alfred Cruz
Alfred Cruz
5 REPLIES 5
pcraponi
Contributor II

Hi,

It's easy. Just follow the release notes... The 're-partition' firmware will do nothing more than that. It will reboot with the same config that you have.

After upgrade to 5.5 is a good practice did a "rebuild db" for the logs works well.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Alfred_Cruz

hi! 

Thanks for the info!  

I appreciate it !

AC

Alfred Cruz
Alfred Cruz
Ralph1973

Hello, I have the same situation and cannot determine whether I can upload the 'repartition image' via the webgui 'upgrade' link or that I have to connect via CLI console port and then upload that image through tftp?

If it is that simple by uploading via webgui, do I have to upload the final image (5.5.4 in our case) after that repartition image has been uploaded earlier?

And then it is HA, but since we work on a 5.4.x FortiOS ,this should be as easy as upload to the primary, as you used to do with a Fortigate HA cluster?

Thank you and regards,

Ralph Willemsen

Arnhem Netherlands

Alfred_Cruz

The instructions are a little confusing.

I did not have to do anything special, I uploaded the latest firmware and the "re-partition" part is done while it is being upgraded.  

I'm not familiar with HA though.... 

Alfred Cruz
Alfred Cruz
Countryboy

Hello Guys

This may Help you

2 steps only,

1. download the repartition image at portal then upload it in device after reboot

2. upload the latest firmware after reboot.

Cheers Countryboy

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors