Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Luciano
New Contributor

FortiWeb CEF mapping

Hi

In the FortiWeb documentation it is specified that logs will be sent to SIEM in CEF format. But I can't seem to find any information on how the mapping from the syslog format to CEF is done.

fortiweb.png

When I reviewed FortiOS documentation, I found some examples that show the mapping:

fortiOS.png

Is there anything similar for the FortiWeb product?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Luciano,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Luciano,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Luciano,

Could you please tell me if this document is answering your question?

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/fortios-log-message-reference/998820/fortios-to-c...

Regards,

Luciano

Hi Anthony,

That document shows the CEF mapping, but if I understand correctly, it is related to the FortiOS product. I'm not sure if the same applies for the FortiWeb product (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiweb/7.2.1/log-message-reference/470577/introduction)

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Is there something specific you are trying to figure out with regards to the mappings? Or you just want a full table?

Cheers,
Graham
Luciano

Hi Graham

A full table would be great, but our main goal is to identify specific logs based on some of the following fields:

• log_id
  • sub_type
  • signature_id
  • signature_subclass

So knowing how these fields map to the CEF format would help. It would also be nice to know what values are used for the CEF Device Vendor and Device Product fields

Thanks!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors