Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiWeb 7.2.8 vs 7.4.2

Hello

I'm hesitating between FortiWeb 7.4.2 and 7.2.8 in a new production environment.

The 7.2.8 seems much more mature as it has an high patch number, while I see some very interesting new features on 7.4.2.

On both release notes I can see only 1 or 2 known issues, which is so few that I feel the known issues section is not up to date.

My concern is to have a stable and bug free appliance, so if someone has 7.4.2 in production your advice would be appreciated. Also if only some features are not so stable thanks to mention them.

AEK
AEK
1 Solution
gsharma
Staff
Staff

Hello AEK,

To  answer your query there no critical bugs reported in either of those, however comparing both of them you can consider upgrading to 7.2.8, if you you are not going to use the features introduced in 7.4.2
If you have any specific issue then you can better open ticket with us so we can take debugs and see if there is any known BUG hitting your machine.

Gaurav Sharma

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello AEK,

Hope you are good :)!

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
gsharma
Staff
Staff

Hello AEK,

To  answer your query there no critical bugs reported in either of those, however comparing both of them you can consider upgrading to 7.2.8, if you you are not going to use the features introduced in 7.4.2
If you have any specific issue then you can better open ticket with us so we can take debugs and see if there is any known BUG hitting your machine.

Gaurav Sharma
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors