Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Christian_89
Contributor III

FortiWEB HA Problem

Hello Together

I am running a FortiWEB and Fortigate.

Can it be a problem if I run the FortiWEB in the HA cluster and the Fortigate in the HA cluster with the same default group number?
The FortiWEB is a VM.

1 Solution
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi

same group id number problems are related with same mac addressess living in enviroment with more than one cluster present.

In doubt, check your "Current_HWaddr"   ( NOT the Permanent_HWadd)  for the different interfaces in your clusters.

Use CLI command "diagnose hardware deviceinfo nic port1" in each cluster (*)
(For Fortiweb, this is a valid CLI command too)

(*) For port1, port2, and so on.

Same "Current_HWaddr" value for the same port in different clusters will trigger issues

I don't remember how is the algorithm to build virtual mac address in a VM environment, but above test would help to avoid problems.

regards

/ Abel

View solution in original post

regards / Abel
1 REPLY 1
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi

same group id number problems are related with same mac addressess living in enviroment with more than one cluster present.

In doubt, check your "Current_HWaddr"   ( NOT the Permanent_HWadd)  for the different interfaces in your clusters.

Use CLI command "diagnose hardware deviceinfo nic port1" in each cluster (*)
(For Fortiweb, this is a valid CLI command too)

(*) For port1, port2, and so on.

Same "Current_HWaddr" value for the same port in different clusters will trigger issues

I don't remember how is the algorithm to build virtual mac address in a VM environment, but above test would help to avoid problems.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors