Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kostasgush1
New Contributor

FortiVoice PIN to connect to internal extension

I have a FortiVoice 20E4 and I want to do the following: When an external caller is calling to my number, an IVR will play that mentions some numbers, and, for example, when the caller presses the number 6, then a PIN (6-digit) will be requested. If the caller types the correct 6-digit PIN then it will connect to the corresponding internal extension.

For example, the external caller presses 6, then 123456 (the PIN), and that connects them to the internal extension 111. If the external caller inserts the PIN 654321, then that connects them to the internal extension 222, etc.

So practically when an external caller is calling, there will be a matching of PINs to internal extensions.

How can this be done in FortiVoice? I was thinking as a band-aid solution to put 6 fake IVRs and connect from the 1st number to the 2nd, etc., essentially making the PIN with 5 connections. Is there a better way to do this?

Thank you.

1 Solution
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello @kostasgush1 

Thank you for contacting Forinet.

The direct option to achieve your scenario is using Callcenter IVR, which is required Callcenter license. It will required an integration with CRM or external API service to POST the request along with the inserted PIN then retrieve the GET result with allow or reject. It can be more advanced and it can be using the caller ID as well.

For more information about it, please check here.

Unfortunately your device FVE-20E4 is small device and not supporting Callcenter license.

So I think the workaround that you suggest will be the only solution in this case.

Please feel free to ask if you need more clarifications.

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello @kostasgush1 

Thank you for contacting Forinet.

The direct option to achieve your scenario is using Callcenter IVR, which is required Callcenter license. It will required an integration with CRM or external API service to POST the request along with the inserted PIN then retrieve the GET result with allow or reject. It can be more advanced and it can be using the caller ID as well.

For more information about it, please check here.

Unfortunately your device FVE-20E4 is small device and not supporting Callcenter license.

So I think the workaround that you suggest will be the only solution in this case.

Please feel free to ask if you need more clarifications.

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors