Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
David555
New Contributor III

FortiView showing wrong information

Hi everyone.

We are using FortiGate 2000E version 7.0.9

We have configured firewall policy to allow Source A (Private IP) to access 3 destination address (Public IPS)

and enabled NAT.

When we are looking that policy in FortiView in sources tab we can see one of Public IP from that 3 destinations, and also when we are looking for that public IP, FortiGate shows that Public IP address from wrong VDOM

We were using version 7.0.4 before, after upgrade we are causing this FortiView issue

Maybe its a version bug, any suggestions to solve this issue?, thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello David,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
netadmins

Hello,

Can you share if on Fortigate 100F without SSD or FAZ can I still use Fortiview?
I have one LAN to WAN policy and Fortiview shows just 1% of the actual/real traffic values.

Thanks,

Florin.

David555
New Contributor III

Hello, do you have any updates?

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello David,

I am still looking for an answer from one of our expert.

I will continue until I find one.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Hi David,

Is this just a display issue on FortiView? Is the traffic hitting correct policy and working fine?

I have seen similar issues with GUI displaying incorrect information after upgrade. I would suggest you to try using a private/incognito window and/or try a different browser .

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

David555
New Contributor III

Good day!

Traffic is hitting correct policy, but in FortiView source and destination interfaces showing wrong, also when we are disabling that policy, we can see traffic and active session on disabled policy

We tried with different browsers, also cleared cache of browser, but it does not help  

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

This looks like a bug, but I don't see this in Known issues section of latest 7.0.X releases. We may have to report this with engineering. Could you please open a ticket with support team, share the screen shot of FortiView and the CLI output of policy to show the difference.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

David555
New Contributor III

Hello, thanks for your answer 

We already opened ticket on FortiGate support, but there is no solution yet

David555
New Contributor III

Can someone explain purpose of SIP ALG?

If in system --> features visibility tab VoIP is turned off, is our SIP traffic still passing SIP ALG? 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors