Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kinmun
New Contributor II

FortiView only shows now

i noticed that my Fortiview only shows data for now.

there is no data in 5 mins, 1 hour and 24 hours.

what is the settings I need to configure ?

i have analyzer installed as well.

logs is configured to store & upload to analyzer daily at 23:59.

3 Solutions
YtseJam
New Contributor III

I think you should stick with realtime settings then if you want to monitor your logs just go with your analyzer. Since you have FortiAnalyzer, let it manage the reports then for your fortigate box, let it do the firewalling. Just a suggestion. 

Regards,

Jam

View solution in original post

Irfan_Pathan
New Contributor III

Hi, Upgrade your firmware to v5.2.3 See attached screenshot.

-Irfan Pathan

gustav_koekemoer

Hi All

I believe I have just fixed this issue. 

If you setup your Analyzer under "config log fortianalyzer setting" it seems to always take preference in Fortiview 5min,1H and 24H even if you select "disk" as the GIU view.

I moved my config to "config log fortianalyzer3 setting" and I can now view historical disk logs via Fortiview and the Analyzer is working fine.

Regards

Gus

16 REPLIES 16
YtseJam
New Contributor III

I think you should stick with realtime settings then if you want to monitor your logs just go with your analyzer. Since you have FortiAnalyzer, let it manage the reports then for your fortigate box, let it do the firewalling. Just a suggestion. 

Regards,

Jam

kinmun
New Contributor II

realtime is not selected.

have since changed to display from analyzer. it was set to disk previously.

markwen
New Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "Enable local reports" need to be enabled to view this kind of info from the FortiGate dashboard? Otherwise it won't store historical data in it's local db.

Irfan_Pathan
New Contributor III

Hi, Upgrade your firmware to v5.2.3 See attached screenshot.

-Irfan Pathan

gustav_koekemoer

Hi All

If you setup your Analyzer under "config log fortianalyzer setting" it seems to always take preference in Fortiview 5min,1H and 24H even if you select "disk" as the GIU view.

I moved my config to "config log fortianalyzer3 setting" and I can now view historical disk logs via Fortiview and the Analyzer is working fine.

Regards

Gus

sagipael

Thanks! that works!

Ver 5.6.12

gustav.koekemoer@voxtelecom.co.za wrote:

Hi All

Regards

Gus

VictorP1
New Contributor

Hello, I have read and tried some of the solutions that you have mentioned but I have the problem in a Forti 100F, it still does not show me results in Fortiview web sites. Do I necessarily need to connect a Fortianalyzer to achieve this?Captura.PNG
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors