Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Grumman
New Contributor III

FortiToken incomplete/invaild email instructions

Hello,

i have a problem sending out FortiToken email confirmations...

It was working fine and for the last two days, the emails that are sent are not correct and the users can't activate their FortiTokens on their accounts.

The email has the wrong expiry date for the Token (1970!) as well as there is no serial number or QR Code to activate the token...

Below I have  a copy of an automated email sent from a Fortigate 200D running OS v5.4.0,build1011 (GA) and has the correct time in the system Mon Apr 11 19:11:04 2016 (FortiGuard)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Thanasis

Welcome to FortiToken Mobile - One-Time-Password software token. Please visit [link]http://docs.fortinet.com/ftoken.html[/link] for instructions on how to install your FortiToken Mobile application on your device and activate your token. Your Activation Code, which you will need to enter on your device later, is "" You must activate your token by:  Thu Jan  1 01:00:00 1970 (GMT)Dublin,Edinburgh,Lisbon,London, after which you will need to contact your system administrator to re-enable your activation. FortiGate

2 Solutions
hohosecure
New Contributor III

I saw a suggested workaround for this issue along the lines of after you click on send activation code and receive the empty mail for the new user that you assigned the token to, exit this menu. Then go back to into this menu and click on send activation code again for the same user. This time you should get the code and a QR attached.

Sounds too easy, might be worth a try.

Ho-ho

View solution in original post

sanderl
New Contributor III

Problem still active in FortiOS v5.4.3,build1111 (GA)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grumman
New Contributor III

BUMP ....

Anyone has a clue?

hohosecure
New Contributor III

I saw a suggested workaround for this issue along the lines of after you click on send activation code and receive the empty mail for the new user that you assigned the token to, exit this menu. Then go back to into this menu and click on send activation code again for the same user. This time you should get the code and a QR attached.

Sounds too easy, might be worth a try.

Ho-ho

CBaezLe
New Contributor III

Hello.

Had the same problem with the 5.4.1. Thank you for the workaround info! It worked.

sanderl
New Contributor III

Problem still active in FortiOS v5.4.3,build1111 (GA)

rob_kowalski

AND.....in typical fortinet fashion... Problem is still active in v5.4.4,build1117 (GA)

gilfalko

Bug still exists with 5.6.4 as well.

My workaround was to disable 2way auth, accept and then enable it and the email was properly formatted.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors