Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikeU
New Contributor

FortiToken Mobile cert error on Android 13

Hello,

We're using FortiToken Mobile & FortiToken Cloud as second factor for SSL VPN on FortiGate 6.4.8. One user upgraded his unlocked Pixel phone to Android 13. Authentication was working fine prior to the upgrade. After the upgrade, the user started getting a certificate error (server cannot be verified) when trying to connect.

We're using factory certs, so the user had enabled the setting to allow connections to an unverified server. The user confirmed that this setting is still correct.

The user's token was reset in FortiToken Cloud. The user could not add the new connection, due to certificate error. User tried re-installing FortiToken Mobile - same error.

There have been no problems for other users, including an unlocked Pixel running Android 12.

Fortinet Support wants me to troubleshoot with the user. Unfortunately, the user has been switched to email mfa, and his time is not available for troubleshooting.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or had success with Android 13 and FTM?

Thanks,

MikeU

=Mike
=Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Mike,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
MikeU
New Contributor

Fortinet Support previously indicated that they are working on a bug. The rep provided a workaround, but it didn't make sense. It was suggested to change the settings to allow connections to an unverified server. Our users already had that option selected, because we're using the factory certs. I'm trying to get a description of the bug.

We only have one person experiencing this problem. And, we've already changed that user's 2fa option to email. This user isn't available for troubleshooting. So, I'm just trying to understand the situation - so we can decide how to address the issue for other users who might upgrade their Android phone.

=Mike
=Mike
MikeU
New Contributor

Fortinet support said this is bug 765700.

=Mike
=Mike
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors