Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiNet_Newb
Contributor

FortiToken Mobile Push is not working correctly with FortiClient 7.2

FortiToken Mobile Push (ftm-push) is no longer working after updating from Forticlient 7.0.7 to 7.2.  We are in an all Windows 11 22H2 environment.

When connecting to an SSL VPN, the FortiToken Mobile approval request appears on the phone, but after approving the connection from the phone, the client just stays at the “A FortiToken code is required for SSL-VPN login authentication” prompt.

Oddly enough, after approving the request from the phone, if you then click on Cancel to cancel the connection attempt in FortiClient itself, you get a VPN Connection failed message, BUT it then connects successfully right after.

Because the client thinks it failed, after disconnecting from the VPN, it clears the username and password.

Alternatively, instead of using the ftm-push approval you can manually enter the FortiToken code when prompted and all works as normal.

Additionally, the mobile push authentication does work correctly if using the connect to VPN before log-in method, just not when connecting from the client after you have logged in.

I’m experiencing this on all of the devices that have been upgraded, I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling FortiClient but get the same results.  The only solution is to reinstall 7.07.  I believe this is a bug in 7.2.

1 Solution
FortiNet_Newb
Contributor

This issue has been resolved with the release of FortiClient 7.2.3.  Unfortunately, Forticlient 7.2.3 has also introduced a number of new issues for us, but I will mark this as resolved as 7.2.3 has fixed this specific issue for us.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello FortiNet_Newb, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking an answer for your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
birendrakumar

Hello,

Will you be able to share the the Debug Diagnostic tool logs and the time stamp when the issue was reproduced?
Also, If you have valid EMS/FCT license, please raise  ticket with TAC with latest Diagnostic tool output.

Kumar_B
FortiNet_Newb

Not sure which log file generated would include the helpful information, or I would post it here.

I just created a ticket with TAC and included all of the logs/files generated by the diagnostic tool.  I'll report back with the solution for others once it's resolved.

FortiNet_Newb
Contributor

Here we are over 5 months later and still have the same issue.  I've had a ticket open with TAC for just as long with no progress.  Can anyone confirm if FortiToken mobile push is working correctly in their environment for anyone running FortiClient 7.2.XX on Windows 11 22H2?

rlewcosa

I just found this thread while researching this issue, ours is doing the same thing. Push notification launches the app, but it freezes at the Approve/Deny pop up. If I exit the app then reenter and manually retrieve the code, it all works fine. TAC said port 3443 needs to be opened on the edge router hosting the FAC, but that didn't work.

birendrakumar

Hello,

Is it possible to share the Diagnostic tool or the ticket number here, I will check in the backend.

Kumar_B
FortiNet_Newb

TAC has provided me with an interim FC build with a fix that resolves this issue (but has other issues of its own).  I'll update this posting once the fix for this makes it into a GA release of FC, hopefully it makes its way into 7.2.3.

FortiNet_Newb
Contributor

This issue has been resolved with the release of FortiClient 7.2.3.  Unfortunately, Forticlient 7.2.3 has also introduced a number of new issues for us, but I will mark this as resolved as 7.2.3 has fixed this specific issue for us.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors