Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dan_Eng52
Contributor

FortiSwitch peer-consistency-check peer-config "NOT-FOUND"

Hi all, 

I hope you can help me, I have a 2-Tier MCLAG setup with 4 x FSW443 and 2 x FG80 appliances. I'm having some unusual network behaviour which let me to investigate and upon running the diagnose switch mclag peer-consistency-check command on my FSW I could see that the link to my FG didn't look right as below: 

FortiLink.png

On all of my other deployments, I have checked and confirmed that these FortiLink interfaces when running the same command are OK, UP, OK and do not display the "NOT-FOUND" like this. The switches are visible, online and accessible from my FG and I have tried deleting the trunk and re-establishing but I cannot get this state to change. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue may be? I'm currently running 7.4.4 FG, 7.4.3 FSW and 7.4.3 FortiAP. 

Thanks, 

Dan. 

1 REPLY 1
Dan_Eng52
Contributor

Hi all, 

I found out this is due to how the current system is patched in, rather than have a link from each firewall to each of the MCLAG-Peer switches there is two links from each firewall into the individual MCLAG-Peer switches. Therefore it is saying peer-config "NOT-FOUND" because it is local to that switch. 

I have re-patched to how I typically connect my FortiSwitches, re-run the command and the peer-consistency-check now appears OK, UP, OK. This was something that I had never come across and thought it was an issue but it isn't. 

Thanks, 

Dan. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors