Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lk777
New Contributor

FortiSwitch - missing CLI commands

FortiSwitch 108E

v. 7.2.3

Standalone mode

The following commands are missing (at least these commands):

diagnose switch physical-ports qos-rates

diagnose switch physical-ports qos-stats

For the following command:

config switch acl ingress

there are no remark-cos and remark-dscp options.

Are they not supported on my 108E switch?

UPDATE:

Just found this document FortiSwitch-7.2.3-Feature-Matrix.pdf

So many restrictions !!!

Now I see why those commands are missing. I have no words to describe my frustration.

4 REPLIES 4
lk777
New Contributor

I am totally confused by FortiSwitch-7.2.3-Feature-Matrix.pdf and this article.

Admin Guide states that QoS RED/WRED drop probability and qos-drop-policy random-early-detection can be set on FS-108E, but the matrix states that only tail-drop policy can be set on this model.

FS-108E allows you to set QoS but doesn't provide any CLI tools for qos diagnostic. How do I know that QoS works?

This is all about this specific switch model.

gfleming
Staff
Staff

The admin guide goes into detail which specific restrictions are on the 1XX models:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/7.2.3/administration-guide/609008/qos

Cheers,
Graham
lk777
New Contributor

Should I disregard FortiSwitch-7.2.3-Feature-Matrix.pdf and trust only the admin guide?

And what about CLI qos diagnostic? diagnose switch physical-ports qos-stats list and diagnose switch physical-ports qos-rates list are listed in that guide which doesn't mention any restrictions for the 1XX models for the diagnose commands.

gfleming

You can trust both. The admin guide states you can only set taildrop or RED as a Global setting on the 1XX switches. You cannot configure taildrop, RED or WRED in the cos-queue configurations. This is what is reflected in the feature matrix; the only policy you can configure on cos-queue is taildrop. Yes you can set RED as your drop policy globally but it is not configurable per-queue.

Regarding those diagnose commands, the matrix states QoS queue counters are not supported on the 1XX switches.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors