Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
v20100
New Contributor III

FortiSwitch and FortiAP221C

Hi

Very new to Fortinet. First setup!

Have a couple of 200D. Connected a FortiSwitch and authorized it. Acccess is CAPWAP.

added 1st FortiAP 221C. Authorised it, but it stays Off-Line

Looks like it does not get an IP address from the Switch or from the 200D.

I cannot see where to set a DHCP server on the Switch, nor where on the interface of the 200D port where the switch is plugged to.

The other way, I presume, is to hardcode the IP address on the FortiAP, but how do you access it? (trying to CLI to it from the 200D web admin, does not work as it is off-line)

I am sure I am missing something obvious here caused by my inexperience!

Hopefully someone will be able to point me to the right direction

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
CyberNorris
New Contributor III

There is a sub interface on the port dedicated to the FortiSwitch which is the default VLAN interface for the switch ports. (You can also add other VLANs to the switch.) Is there DHCP on that VLAN interface? Is CapWap enabled on that interface as well? You'll need policies for that VLAN (or any other VLAN on the switch) to allow access to cross to other ports/vlans. Then your SSID is a separate VLAN (unless you set up bridging) and will also need policies to cross to other ports/vlans.

Norris Carden

Fortinet XTreme Team USA (2015, 2016)

CISSP (2005), CISA (2007), NSE4 (2016)

Norris Carden Fortinet XTreme Team USA (2015, 2016) CISSP (2005), CISA (2007), NSE4 (2016)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors