Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DsB
New Contributor

FortiSwitch 1024D Transceiver issue.

Hi i am new to this, i have a FortiSwitch 1024D that can only indentify the transceiver on any given port after a reboot.

Is there a command that can refresh or reset a transceiver on a port?

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
rgracioli_FTNT

Hi,

It's not necessary to reboot FortiSwitch for a transceiver to be recognised. Make sure you're using a compatible transceiver (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/6.4.4/fortiswitch-compatible-transceivers). 

Rafael Gracioli | Consulting Systems Engineer, ADC and Switching m: +31 6 50 28 72 99 | skype: rgracioli | e: rgracioli@fortinet.com

DsB

Hi, the transceiver is SFP1G-LX-31 1000Base SFP 1310nm 10KM, is this compatible with this unit?

Regards.

rgracioli_FTNT

Hi, the type mentioned is supported, but you may be using a transceiver model that is not MSA compliant. I suggest that you open a case with support to have it checked. 

Rafael Gracioli | Consulting Systems Engineer, ADC and Switching m: +31 6 50 28 72 99 | skype: rgracioli | e: rgracioli@fortinet.com

DsB

Is there a command line that can help me check that?

I have notice the following error in the events of the fortiswitch "failed BASE ID Check Sequence" in the port where the transceiver is connected.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors