Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AtiT
Valued Contributor

FortiSandbox for Testing/Learning

Hi,

I just want to know whether the FortiSandbox-VM can be used for testing/learning purposes without any license?

I deployed the VM in VMWare and can managed it but I cannot connect it with the FortiGate (FGT not shows up under the device list on the FSA). Without license the FGT will not communicate with the FSA?

Also I do not know whether I would be able to make some scanning / whatherver without any license file.

Could anyone answer?

AtiT

AtiT
2 REPLIES 2
pcraponi
Contributor II

Without license FSA did not download the Windows VMs. And not update the AV engine/signatures...

You can request a 60 day Trial license from your Fortinet SE.

Regards,

Paulo R.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

I went through the FortiSandbox VM Install Guide and it says:

Evaluation license FortiSandbox VM includes a free, full featured 15 day trial license. No activation is required for the built-in evaluation license. The trial period begins the first time you start the FortiSandbox VM. When the trial expires, all functionality is disabled until you upload a license file. source: http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/2953/FortiSandbox-VM-Install-Guide.pdf

I was hoping to get it full for a few days to learn how it is work.

AtiT

AtiT
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors