Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bhuitt
New Contributor

FortiSSLVPNclient not connecting

I'm connecting to a FortiGate 101e with the VPN client.

I installed the Windows version FortiClientOnlineInstaller_6.0 and with this "permanent" client I can connect fine.  I then removed this client and rebooted.  I then downloaded the FortiClientTools_5.6.6.1167 zip file.  

Using the command line interface, per the instructions I found on FortiNet's documentation in the KB, I'm trying to connect to my VPN as such:

C:\>FortiSSLVPNclient CONNECT -h IP4ADDRESS:PORT# -u Username -p Password -i -m

I've tried several variations including using -c VPNPROFILENAME where VPNPROFILENAME has all the connection and authentication information stored, etc.

Nothing works.  Even though I provide all the credentials it pulls up the GUI in Windows and shows it disconnected.  When I click connect it flashes through re-trying up to 10 times and returns to the disconnected state.  All of the information and credentials are correct but I can't get it to connect. 

I reload the Windows FortiClientOnlineInstaller_6.0 app and it once again connects fine.

I can see on the internet that others have had trouble getting the CLI to work too.  Is there a way to get this to work?  Maybe I need an updated version (6.0?) - I can't find a newer version though.

Thank you for your input.

2 REPLIES 2
SteveG
Contributor III

Given it works with the regular client your Fortigate setup is obviously ok. Suggests to me the problem is with the client PC, have you tried running the command prompt with admin rights?

bhuitt
New Contributor

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I'm using the Command Prompt (Admin).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors