Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiSIEM version for production

Hello

Which FSM version is preferred for critical production environment in terms of stability, bug free and LTS?

6.7.8, 7.0.2 or 7.1.0?

AEK
AEK
3 REPLIES 3
adem_netsys
Contributor

Hi,

I'm using the 7.0.2 version. I think may be suggested.

Richie_C
Staff
Staff

Hi

6.7.8 will have the most bug fixes. The last number (8) is the number of patches. This will be a stable release, but you are likely to be missing out on some new features and you will have to upgrade sooner that some more recent releases. 

7.1.0 has the newest features but no bug patches yet. There is a chance you will hit some product issues, but the version will be supported for longer. However, it is likely that you will want to upgrade when the next patch release is available anyway.

7.0.2 is somewhere in the middle. Newer features with some bug patching.

There is no right or wrong answer to your question. There are requirements and constraints of your particular environment. A mature release might be appropriate for a production critical environment. However, at the same time, having to perform upgrades on a critical environments in the future might not be ideal.

From a personal perspective, I have seen 7.0.2 working in a number of environments with no issues.

Sorry, I cant provide a definitive answer, but I hope the points help you to make a decision.

Take a backup before making any changes
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Thanks Adem & Richie

The information you provided helps.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors